Confocal imaging advanced by Nikon to levels previously unseen. The A1 Confocal Laser Microscope System is Nikon’s powerful fully-automated confocal imaging system, capable of capturing high-quality confocal images of cells and molecular events at high speed and enhanced sensitivity. Ideal for facilities with a broad ra...
Confocal imaging advanced by Nikon to levels previously unseen.
The A1 Confocal Laser Microscope System is Nikon’s powerful fully-automated confocal imaging system, capable of capturing high-quality confocal images of cells and molecular events at high speed and enhanced sensitivity. Ideal for facilities with a broad range of users, the A1 has been designed with ground-breaking new optical and electronic technology innovations to provide unprecedented system quality and flexibility.
1. Two High-Performing Models Available: Nikon’s A1 confocal laser microscope systems offer new innovations that take confocal imaging to new levels of quality and system versatility.
2. Revolutionary Hybrid Confocal Scan Head: At the heart of the A1 System is Nikon’s totally unique hybrid confocal scan head. Nikon engineers have enhanced the optical efficiency and minimized light loss to never before attained levels.
3. Ultra-High-Speed Imaging at 420 fps: The A1R incorporates a resonant scanner with a resonance frequency of 7.8kHz that allows high-speed imaging at 420 fps (512 x 32 pixels). The fiber-optic communication data transfer system can transfer data at a maximum of four Gbit/s.
4. High-speed Photo Activation Imaging: Because a non-resonant scanner and a resonant scanner are incorporated in one unit, photoactivation and fluorescence imaging can be conducted simultaneously without a separate laser unit for photoactivation. With a resonant scanner that can capture images at high speed, acquisition of rapid changes after photoactivation is possible.
5. Enhanced Spectral Imaging:
Fast Acquisition of 32-Channel Spectral Images.
Fast spectral imaging at 16 fps (512 x 64 pixels) is possible.
Real-Time Spectral Unmixing.
Fast fluorescence unmixing during image acquisition is possible with a 512 x 512 pixel, 32-channel image unmixed in less than one second.
6. Increased Light Detection Efficiency Provides High Image Quality: The low incidence angle dichroic mirrors used in the scan head have an average transmittance of 98% and contribute to a 30% increase in fluorescence detection efficiency. This makes for brighter images, minimizing laser exposure intensity, and reducing damage to cells.
7. VAAS Pinhole Unit for Bright, Clear Images: Nikon has developed another confocal innovation called the Virtual Adaptable Aperture System (VAAS) that minimizes the out of focus information present in an image while retaining image brightness. Resolution may also be enhanced, especially along the Z-axis. Optical sections of different thickness can be created using VAAS post-processing software. Additionally, lost intensity in time series acquisitions can be restored.
8. NIS-Elements C — Dedicated Software with Increased Flexibility and Ease of Use: For diverse confocal microscope applications, Nikon provides easy-to-use software based on Nikon’s leading imaging software, NIS-Elements.
The world's first integrated cell culture observation device. The Nikon BioStation CT allows imaging experiments to be conducted without ever removing the cells from the incubator. Consisting of a standardly sized tissue culture incubator with an inverted microscope inside, BioStation CT holds 30 vessels ranging from 96 ...
The world's first integrated cell culture observation device.
The Nikon BioStation CT allows imaging experiments to be conducted without ever removing the cells from the incubator. Consisting of a standardly sized tissue culture incubator with an inverted microscope inside, BioStation CT holds 30 vessels ranging from 96 well plates to 75cm2 flasks, which are moved between the microscope stage and the vessel rack via a robotic device while maintaining precise levels of CO2, humidity, and temperature. BioStation CT provides images from 2x to 40x phase images with apodized phase contrast (APC) optics and fluorescence images with three colours LED illumination. A bird's eye color macro view allows the entire vessel to be viewed from above. Complete security is provided: users access only the samples for which they have clearance. Experimental results are reliably traced and can be accessed remotely via an internet connection or LAN.
Live cell imaging - The perfect solution for long-term time-lapse microscopy. The Nikon BioStation IM-Q is a compact cell incubator and monitoring system that allows users with minimal microscopy experience to conduct live cell imaging without a steep learning curve. The BioStation IM-Q facilitates a broad array of ...
Live cell imaging - The perfect solution for long-term time-lapse microscopy.
The Nikon BioStation IM-Q is a compact cell incubator and monitoring system that allows users with minimal microscopy experience to conduct live cell imaging without a steep learning curve. The BioStation IM-Q facilitates a broad array of short-term and long-term time-lapse experiments, including studies of cell growth, morphology, and protein expression, by providing consistent environmental control of temperature, humidity and gas concentration in combination with phase and fluorescence imaging of exceptional quality. Additionally, researchers can select from two types of microscope cameras. Perfusion capabilities further expand experimental possibilities.
1. Total System Integration
The BioStation IM-Q incorporates a motorized inverted microscope, an incubation chamber, and a high-sensitivity cooled CCD camera into a single package. Being an all-in-one, complete solution from one vendor, IM-Q overcomes stability and compatibility issues experienced in multi-vendor systems. Additionally, BioStation has a small footprint and is very easy to set up, requiring no alignment.
2. Environmental Control
Cells are easily maintained at the appropriate temperature, humidity and CO2 (or O2) levels with BioStation IM-Q. 5% CO2 (or O2), either from a premixed tank or the optional CO2 (or O2) mixer is humidified by bubbling through a bottle of water located at the front of the instrument. Sensors located throughout the instruments keep the temperature of the sample at 37° C.
*Optional Tri-gas mixers and CO2 mixers are available without sensors.
3. Phase and Fluorescence Imaging Capabilities
Phase contrast images of unsurpassed quality are obtained with BioStation IM-Q, which uses a red LED as the transmitted light source. BioStation’s phase elements never need alignment, and the red transmitted light was proven to be cell-friendly. With 2 channel fluorescence imaging, using standard Nikon filter cubes and Intensilight illumination system, BioStation IM is the solution for many researchers’ advanced applications.
The BioStation IM-Q contains Nikon's ultra-high quality, high-sensitivity monochrome DS-Qi1 digital camera.
4. Thermal and Mechanical Stability
BioStation IM-Q features a no focus drift design and a vibration damping chassis. Combined with the thermal stability provided by the totally integrated incubation system, the mechanical stability offered by BioStation IM-Q allows researchers to image for hours or even days without focus drift. The fixed stage prevents even semi-adherent cells so multi-point time-lapse is optimized.
5. Powerful, Intuitive Software and Internal Motorized X, Y and Z for Multidimensional Imaging Experiments
Dedicated control software ensures easy operation, allowing the user to select between GUI’s for live observation, time-lapse settings, and acquired image viewer. Multichannel, multipoint time-lapse imaging can be set up easily by following the instructions on the GUI. The objective has 6mm of travel in X and Y, allowing large areas of the field to be sample. Additionally, moving the objective instead of the stage lends stability and repeatability to the system. Large composite movies from multiple fields of view are now possible.
6. Two Versions for Optimal Image Quality
BioStation IM-Q can be ordered in two versions: • BioStation II is for use with a glass bottom 35mm or 60m dish; model has a 40x 0.8 NA Plan Fluor objective yielding magnifications of 20x, 40x, and 80x. • BioStation II-P is for use with a plastic bottom 35mm or 60mm dish; model has a 20x 0.5 NA Plan Fluor objective yielding magnifications of 10x, 20x, and 40x.
Nikon’s specialized Hi-Q4 culture dish is divided into four segments for multi-sample observation. This optional dish also features an incorporated plane parallel top plate to prevent light path distortion by the meniscus and enables high-quality phase contrast observation.
The Hi-Q4 also enables fluorescence and is easy and safe to handle. The low height of the dish allows the use of high N.A. objectives for optimum performance and easy micromanipulation.
Hi-Q4 dishes are available with surfaces treated for tissue culture, guaranteeing optimal growth and proliferation. A lockable lid minimizes evaporation, while gas can penetrate through the base, allowing long-term cell culture and analysis. Hi-Q4 dishes have an average shelf life of two and a half years.
Note: Since the culture dish cover is plastic, the use of DIC is not recommended.
8. Monochrome Cooled-CCD Camera for High-sensitivity Fluorescence Requirements
BioStation's high-performance DS-Qi1 digital camera features a high-sensitivity CCD, which has outstanding quantum efficiency (>65% at 500nm), combined with low read noise. This allows the capture of even low light fluorescence signals. Intensity and time of fluorescence excitation can, therefore, be minimized to reduce photobleaching. The DS-Qi1 also features an ultra-sensitive 2 megapixel CCD with superior linearity, and a quantitivity index, which has been improved to >98%. This, together with reduced noise, assures comparable, quantitative image data collection over a wide exposure range.
Nikon's next generation point scanning confocal microscope system. The Nikon C2+ Confocal Microscope offers faster scanning, powerful new features and vastly expanded spectral imaging capabilities. Built on a reputation of incredible stability coupled with superior optical technologies, the C2+ with its host of functions...
Nikon's next generation point scanning confocal microscope system.
The Nikon C2+ Confocal Microscope offers faster scanning, powerful new features and vastly expanded spectral imaging capabilities.
Built on a reputation of incredible stability coupled with superior optical technologies, the C2+ with its host of functions and various analytical capabilities is the perfect tool for a new microscope, or as a new accessory to a Nikon imaging system. Now fully controlled by NIS-Elements imaging software, the system includes four channel Confocal fluorescence imaging, and vastly expanded spectral capabilities with the ability to capture and unmix data acquired at any channel resolution across the entire detector bandwidth.
• Amazing image quality, flexibility, and modularity • Optimized scanning accuracy and speed • Imaging speeds up to 100fps • Four channel Confocal fluorescence • True “One Shot” quantitative 32 channel spectral imaging with accuracy and sensitivity • 2.5nm, 5nm, or 10nm spectral resolution • Linear spectral unmixing of 3 channel or 4 channel images from the standard fluorescence detector
1. High-Efficiency Scanning Heads and Detectors
The C2+ fits all Nikon microscopes with the smallest scan head footprint on the market. The system employs high precision mirrors and optically ideal circular pinholes, enabling noiseless, high contrast and high-quality Confocal imaging. The spectral detector of the C2+ enables high-speed imaging using simultaneous quantitative 32-channel acquisition. Signal loss has been minimized while imaging of fluorescence spectra in real colours is possible by host of innovations for accurately correcting spectral data.
2. High-Performance Optics
CFI Apochromat S Series These high NA objectives are ideal for Confocal imaging with correction of chromatic aberrations over a wide wavelength range, from ultraviolet to infrared. Transmission is increased through the use of Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat technology.
CFI Apochromat TIRF Series These objectives boast an unprecedented NA of 1.49 (using a standard coverslip and immersion oil), the highest resolution among Nikon objectives. The temperature correction ring corrects image quality affected by temperature change in the range of 23°C to 37°C
3. NIS-Elements Imaging Software
The NIS-Elements platform facilitates the entire workflow from live analysis and full control of all experimental parameters during acquisition, maximum and minimum intensity projections over time and Z-axis, Z depth display and volume rendering, image analysis, processing and data management.
NIS-Elements' core functionalities include several customizable controls for device control and presets, enhanced multi-camera support and control, intensity correction through Z, combining Extended Depth of Focus with High Dynamic Range, merging Large Image Stitching with Z Capture, and definition of stage travel based on analysis results. In addition, new options are available for 2D and 3D Deconvolution, new tracking tools linked with regions of interest and numerous new options for data export.
4. Multimode Imaging System TIRF Photoactivation
A TIRF laser illumination module and a photoactivation module are integrated to enable both imaging of single molecules with extremely high S/N ratio and imaging of the fluorescence characteristic changes of photoactivated and photo-convertible fluorescent protein.
5. High Definition Diascopic DIC Imaging
The C2+ handles simultaneous 3-channel fluorescence or simultaneous 3-channel and diascopic DIC observation. High-quality DIC images and fluorescence images can be superimposed to aid in image analysis such as locating fluorescence labels.
6. AZ-C2+ Macro Confocal System
With high-definition, wide field of view images larger than 1cm at exceptional high S/N ratios, the AZ-C2+ allows for imaging of whole-mount specimens, such as embryos, in a single shot. It offers a combination of low and high magnification objective lenses, optical zoom and a Confocal scanning zoom function, enabling continuous imaging from macro to micro. Moreover, the AZ-C2+ allows deep imaging of in-vivo whole specimens.
Newly developed LED illumination and exclusive CFI infinity optics deliver clear, bright images at every magnification. Designed for years of high-quality use, the Eclipse E100-LED is an upright microscope with outstanding optical performance combined with elegant ergonomic touches. The Eclipse E100-LED incorporates Niko...
Newly developed LED illumination and exclusive CFI infinity optics deliver clear, bright images at every magnification.
Designed for years of high-quality use, the Eclipse E100-LED is an upright microscope with outstanding optical performance combined with elegant ergonomic touches. The Eclipse E100-LED incorporates Nikon's exclusive CFI infinity optical system and a high-intensity LED Eco-illumination system that is IR-free, virtually eliminating eyestrain for users. In addition, advanced Nikon BE Plan Achromat objectives have been designed especially for the Eclipse E100 with excellent optical corrections and very flat optical performance. This means clear, bright images at every magnification.
1. Enhanced LED Eco-Illumination: The Eclipse E100 incorporates a high-intensity LED Eco-illumination system* that is IR-free, virtually eliminating eyestrain for users. Eco-illumination boasts a long lifetime of 60,000 hours and reduces the need for frequent lamp changes. LED illumination also offers very low power consumption and heat generation and eliminates color temperature changes that occur with halogen light sources. * Halogen version also available
2. Standard 30 Degree Eyepiece Tube: Siedentopf-type eyepiece tube inclined at a comfortable 30 degrees. Interpupillary distance of 47-75mm is largest in its class. 180-degree rotatable eyepoint adjustment to accommodate operators of different builds.
3. High-Eyepoint Eyepieces: Wide 18mm field of view with built-in diopter adjustment on both eyepieces provides easy parfocality adjustment. Eyepieces lock to prevent theft, damage, or vandalism.
4. Upper Limit Stage Stop: Allows the user to set the upper limit of the stage movement so objective does not hit the specimen slide, protecting both from damage.
5. Removable Lens Unit Cover: Turning the microscope upside-down to replace lamp is no longer necessary. Simply open the top corner on the base to replace the 6V/20W or6V/30W halogen lamp safely and easily.
6. Four Position Reversed Nosepiece: Microscope comes standard with 4x, 10x, 40x, and 100x objectives. 20x and 60x Dry objectives are also available.
7. Compact Design: Utilizing a lightweight design, the Eclipse E100 was created with a small footprint that is compact and easily fits into a storage cabinet.
8. BE Plan Achromat Objectives: Specially designed for the Eclipse E100, CFI BE Plan objectives provide a bright, high contrast and flat-field image over the entire 18mm field of view.
9. CFI45 Infinity Corrected Optical System: The Eclipse E100 incorporates Nikon’s revolutionary CFI Infinity Corrected Optical System with advanced specifications for crisp, bright images at every magnification at a modest price.
10. Anti-mold design: Anti-mold paint and an anti-mold tablet are used in the objective lenses, eyepiece lenses, and eyepiece tubes to prevent mold forming in high-humidity environments.
11. Nikon Manufactured Glass: To further assure quality control of the lenses and design versatility, Nikon manufactures its own glass from raw silica to the final optical coatings.
12. Optional Techniques: Newly designed accessories for simple phase contrast and darkfield are available.
A routine or educational microscope featuring renowned Nikon CFI60 optics and LED illumination. The Eclipse E200-LED is a built-to-last, top-quality biological microscope ideal for basic laboratory use or educational purposes. With its newly developed LED Eco-Illumination system, the microscope produces brighter, sharper, crisper, and ...
A routine or educational microscope featuring renowned Nikon CFI60 optics and LED illumination.
The Eclipse E200-LED is a built-to-last, top-quality biological microscope ideal for basic laboratory use or educational purposes. With its newly developed LED Eco-Illumination system, the microscope produces brighter, sharper, crisper, and clearer images for a noticeably enhanced view. Best of all, the Eclipse E200-LED maintains the same operational ease and rigidity common to all Nikon microscopes and is compatible with many accessories for higher-grade Eclipse series microscopes.